Carol Forgash- Healing the Heart of Complex Trauma and Dissociation with EMDR and Ego State Therapy
DISTANCE LEARNING PROGRAM
Healing the Heart of Complex Trauma and Dissociation with EMDR and Ego State Therapy
Trainer- Carol Forgash, LCSW
Recorded in St. Louis, MO, May 2012
This workshop will present a Cross Training model: the cutting edge integration of EMDR , trauma informed phase oriented therapy, and ego state therapy in the treatment of highly traumatized clients. A major focus will be the exploration and negotiation of the extensive preparation phase that is often required to safely build up stabilization, affect and dissociative symptom management skills, and the therapeutic relationship, prior to the actual trauma processing and desensitization phase of EMDR treatment.
Participants will be taught how to weave these methods into EMDR treatment to help complex trauma clients develop appropriate internal and external boundaries and acquire skills to promote affect regulation. Having established these prerequisites, participants then will learn how to use this cross training model for successful EMDR reprocessing.
Carol Forgash is in full-time clinical and consulting practice in Smithtown, New York. She provides treatment utilizing EMDR and Ego State Therapy for complex PTSD, general psychotherapy, health issues, couple’s work, and performance issues. She is an internationally known lecturer and consultant on the integration of EMDR and Ego State work and psychodynamic treatment, the treatment of complex PTSD, and the health issues of sexual abuse survivors. Carol has presented at EMDRIA and ISSD conferences and was a Keynote Speaker at EMDR Europe 2002 and 2003. She has contributed several chapters on EMDR work with complex trauma and dissociation to EMDR Scripted Protocols: Special Populations, Editor Marilyn Luber.(Springer, 2009). Carol is the co-author, co-editor of Healing the Heart of Trauma and Dissociation with EMDR and Ego State Therapy (Springer, 2007).
EMDR therapists will learn:
The fundamentals of trauma informed phase oriented therapy,
The fundamentals of ego state theory and practice
How to integrate EMDR and ego state therapy in the treatment of trauma
To select and evaluate the specific phase preparation interventions that precede Phase 4-7 of the EMDR protocol with challenging clients
Carol Forgash, LCSW, maintains responsibility for this program and its contents in accordance with EMDRIA standards.
CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its contents in accordance with APA and ASWB standards.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 10 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1473
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .