Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: Breaking the I Feel Fat Spell
This course is derived from the book Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: Breaking the “I Feel Fat” Spell. Written by two psychotherapists who have treated body-dysmorphic clients as young as six years old, Mirror, Mirror is filled with playful, child-friendly rhymes, stories and metaphors to help young readers improve body image. This book provides a tool-kit for therapists working with kids who are struggling with painful body image issues. Mirror, Mirror teaches a language that can also be utilized with teens and adults who are battling with body image. This book is an excellent resource for any clinicians who treat body image issues in their practice.
Authors: Andrea Wachter and Marsea Marcus
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, a practitioner will be able to:
- Utilize tools to help clients distinguish between their internal critical voice (the “I Feel Fat” Spell) and a kind internal voice
- Apply new ways to talk to kids about how to set healthy boundaries
- Identify playful ways to teach Mindfulness to kids.
About Getting Course Materials: The course material for this course is the book itself. The most convenient and easiest way to obtain this book is to purchase this book from Amazon.com by clicking on the picture of the book or clicking on the Get Course Materials Link. Of course, you can borrow it from the library or from a friend, or you can purchase it at the local book store.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1458
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .