URI Bergmann Presents: See Me, Feel Me, Heal Me The Untold Story of the Brain & EMDR Therapy
The brain has never been understood better than it is today. We now know the brain can and does change throughout life. Learn the importance of your brain in your therapy sessions and how it can regulate your clients brain. learn how to utilize neuro synchronicity to enhance the power of EMDR therapy. Easily understand the importance of the mirror neuron system in you the therapist and your client. Understand and utilize transference and counter-transference like never before. This is a workshop you will not want to miss!
Uri Bergmann, Ph.D. is an EMDR Institute Senior Facilitator and Presenter as well as an EMDRIA Approved Consultant. He is a past-president of the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA). Dr. Bergmann has lectured and consulted throughout the United States, Europe and South America on EMDR, the neurobiology of EMDR, and the integration of EMDR with psychodynamic and ego state treatment. He has authored and published journal articles and book chapters on the neurobiology of EMDR and the treatment of dissociation, and is the author of Neurobiological Foundations for EMDR Practice. Dr. Bergmann is currently serving on various journal editorial boards and is in full-time private practice in Commack and Bellmore, New York
Day 1 – Workshop begins at 9:00 am and ends at 5:00 pm
Learn how the brain changes with EMDR processing.
Learn what developmental neurobiology has taught us about psychological development.
Learn how attachment and connection work in the brain.
Optimize the processes of transference and counter-transference.
Day 2 – Workshop begins at 9:00 am and ends at 5:00 pm
Learn how to utilize the knowledge of EMDR treatment and the mind.
How to become more active in the patient/therapist vortex.
Understand the mirror neuron system.
Techniques to render EMDR treatment more robust.
Understand transference and counter-transference through the lens of neurobiology.
Lunch will be at noon each day.
- Participant will be able to describe the neural (maturational) and psychological (developmental) stages of human development with respect to human attachment
- Participant will be able to utilize their own body scans as reflections of the somatic and affective experience of their patients.
- Participant will be able to identify methods of bringing affective-somatosensory non-conscious experiences to verbal consciousness and apply to therapy sessions.
- Participants will be able to discuss and explain the function and mediation of the Default Mode Network (DMN)
- Participants will be able to incorporate and integrate the clinical implications of this material into their EMDR practice
To register for this workshop please visit: REGISTER
2019 Workshop Dates
August 2 and 3, 2019
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 13 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1453
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Interactive .