This course is based on a publication by the National Institute of Mental Health. This publication provides an overview of eating disorders, specifically anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. It describes symptoms, commonly occurring complications and provides information regarding proven treatment strategies. It also provides an overview of research findings in the area of eating disorder treatment.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists and certified addiction professionals can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such as dieticians and nutritionists who may work with these clients and need additional insight into the psychological components of eating disorders. This course is appropriate for beginning and intermediate level practitioners.
Author: National Institute of Mental Health
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with an overview of the symptoms, complications and treatment strategies for eating disorders. Specifically a practitioner will:
- Identify common symptoms of binge eating
- Recognize complications that are commonly occurring with eating disorders
- Identify treatment strategies for eating disorders that are recommended by the National Institute of Mental Health
Citation: National Institute of Mental Health. Eating Disorders, Bethesda (MD): National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services; NIH Publication No. 01-4901
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 141
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .