CEU Course Details
This course is based on a publication by the National Institute of Mental Health that is about bipolar disorders; it’s also on the NIMH website. This is a detailed article and booklet that describes symptoms, causes, and treatments of bipolar disorder. The article also provides information for consumers on getting help and coping with the disorder. This publication is an excellent primer for the mental health professional and provides the practitioner with a great deal of much needed information.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists and certified addictions counselors can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such as dieticians and nutritionists who work with psychiatric populations. This course is appropriate for beginning and intermediate level practitioners who wish to learn more about bipolar disorder.
Author: National Institute of Mental Health
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with an overview of bipolar disorders. Specifically, a professional will:
- Describe the symptoms and types of bipolar disorders.
- Identify the causes of bipolar disorder.
- Identify effective treatments methods for bipolar disorder.
Citation: National Institute of Mental Health. Bipolar Disorder Bethesda (MD): National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services; NIH Publication No. 02-3679
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) – Ce-Classes.com is co-sponsored by Griefworks. APA approval is provided by Griefworks, Inc. dba Crossroads Counseling Center, who maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. Courses for which NBCC-approved clock hours will be awarded are identified in the website. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. Provider #6320 Expires 4/30/2017.
Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Association of Addiction Professionals (NAADAC) Provider #656
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2015
- The California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2016
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2015.
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2015
All courses are available for Homestudy. For information about Homestudy courses and about our
Administrative policies visit our About Us page.
If you would like to take this course for your CE program, it is recommended that you:
1. Print this page
2. Log In
3. Click the “Get Course Materials” link above, if you do not currently possess the course material
4. Answer the questions on this page as you study your course material
5. Return to this page
6. Click the Take Exam link above to purchase this course
7. Submit your exam and score 75% – if you score lower, review your errors and retake exam.
8. Click on the Print Certificate link
9. Complete the course evaluation, (all items must be completed)
10. Print your certificate Some courses require Adobe Acrobat reader to be installed. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader,
Download it here for FREE!