Sandra Paulsen- The Embodied Self: Somatic Interventions for EMDR Practitioners
This is a live Work Shop and CEU’s are only available to professionals who attend this workshop.
Somatic therapy and certain neurobiological advances enable us to use EMDR with those cut off from body awareness. The neurobiology of attachment and trauma has resulted in the recent emergence of somatic interventions for treating trauma. This workshop (1) synthesizes those advances with AIP, (2) defines basic somatic interventions and (3) identifies where in the 8 steps of EMDR to use specific somatic elements while maintaining EMDR integrity. This workshop will frame Porges’ polyvagal theory, and Schore’s right hemisphere and developmental postulates, within the neural network understanding of the Adaptive Information Processing theory, that underlies EMDR.
By attending this workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe the significance of neurobiological advances and somatic therapy.
- Demonstrate eight elements of somatic psychotherapy, including grounding, somatic empathy, somatic resourcing, tracking, spontaneous oscillation, evoked oscillation, micro-movements, utilizing discharge, releasing impact, and boundaries.
- Identify 4 places in the standard protocol in which somatic interventions may be appropriately utilized.
Note: substantial practicum time is included to gain familiarity with the somatic methods.
About The Presenter
Dr. Sandra Paulsen has spoken, written, and consulted on the use of EMDR and special preparation procedures since 1992. She is co-author of The Embodied Self: The Neurobiology and Treatment of Trauma and Dissociation, and author and illustrator of the 2009 book Looking Through the Eyes of Trauma and Dissociation: An Illustrated Guide for EMDR Therapists and Clients, as well as several book chapters. Sandra is a fellow of the ISST&D and has been an invited speaker at international conferences since 2004.
This is an advanced seminar for clinicians with FULL completion of EMDRIA-approved Basic Training (required).
To learn more or register please visit http://www.melonstretcher.com/
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 14 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1393
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Interactive .