EMDR HAP R-TEP and G-TEP Two Day (12 Credit) Workshop
2-day training including EMDR R-TEP and the EMDR G-TEP
Eligibility: EMDR clinicians who have completed Part I and Part II of Basic EMDR Training
EMDR Recent Traumatic Episode Protocol (R-TEP) Workshop
A Comprehensive Approach for Early EMDR Intervention
The Recent Traumatic Episode Protocol (R-TEP) is part of a comprehensive approach to Early EMDR Intervention (EEI). This workshop incorporates and extends existing protocols within a new conceptual framework, together with additional measures for containment and safety. Checking for sub-clinical sticking points which can obstruct Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) and don’t necessarily show up on the DSM radar, the R-TEP may reduce sensitization and accumulation of trauma memories. R-TEP will be taught with video case illustrations, live demonstration and a practicum.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding EMDR and R-TEP. Specifically, a professional will:
• Identify when Early EMDR Intervention is appropriate.
• Define subclinical sticking points that may obstruct Adaptive Information Processing
• Summarize early EMDR clinical skills with additional measures for containment and safety.
• Recognize the key features, and concepts of the Recent Traumatic Episode Protocol (R-TEP).
• Identify clinical scenarios in which the application of the R-TEP would be appropriate.
EMDR Group Traumatic Episode Protocol (G-TEP)
A Group Application of the EMDR Recent-Traumatic Episode Protocol (R-TEP) This workshop gives a brief overview of the Recent Traumatic Episode Protocol (R-TEP) and presents a new practical application: the G-TEP (Group Traumatic Episode Protocol) –with its worksheet format for simplified utilization in emergency situations. The EMDR R-TEP and G-TEP have shown beneficial results in controlled studies conducted by Turkish colleagues working with Syrian refugees G-TEP will be taught with video illustrations and a practice.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding EMDR and G-TEP. Specifically, a professional will:
• Identify and contrast to R-TEP key features, procedures and concepts of the Group Traumatic Episode Protocol (G-TEP).
• Role play the application of G-TEP in a clinical vignette.
• Evaluate the significance of the G-TEP and Early EMDR Intervention.
• Describe additional measure for containment and safety to be used with G-TEP.
• Distinguish key G-TEP concepts and procedures.
Elan Shapiro is a Psychologist in private practice with over 30 years of experience working in a community psychological service in upper Nazareth. Originally specializing in Adlerian psychology he came to EMDR in 1989 after attending one of the first trainings Francine Shapiro ever gave. In 1994 he became an EMDR Institute Facilitator and was among the founding members of EMDR Europe. He is an EMDR Europe Accredited Consultant and former Secretary of the EMDR Europe Association. Recipient of the David Servan-Schreiber award for contribution to EMDR from the University of Lorraine, Metz, Nov. 2012.
*If you have registered as an active TRN member on the Trauma Recovery/HAP website, please contact Elaine Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org before registering for these workshops.
Register online and view workshop dates at Trauma Recovery/HAP’s website:
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 12 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1390
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Interactive .