EMDR Consulting- A-TIP: Acute Trauma Incident Processing
Psychological First Aid
We are, from time-to-time, challenged with an acute traumatic experience, divorce, disasters, sudden loss of a loved one, etc. While often just talking to a ‘supportive ear’ help work through the experience, at times ‘talking is not enough, or the client is still ‘living it’ making it difficult to talk about it from an ‘observing self perspective. In those situation, more focused interventions may be necessary. Acute Traumatic Incident Process (A-TIP) utilizing bilateral eye movement to help desensitize these traumatic events and helps the client desensitize to the point where talking about it may be of help. Research has shown that bilateral eye movements rapidly diminish the vividness of imagines and strong emotions / physical sensations associated with a traumatic event. The one day presentation will teach you, the skilled professional, how to administer bilateral eye movement in a very structure protocol. Additionally, and of equal importance, knowing when the client’s trauma is actually a ‘pre-existing condition’ requiring more in-depth psychotherapy
Presented by Roy Kiessling of EMDR Consulting
Roy Kiessling is a nationally known trainer, presenter and founder of EMDR Consulting. His primary focus is to help clinicians desensitize and reprocess their clients’ traumatic experience – present acute stress or as a pre-existing conditions. He has over a decade of teaching clinicians how to treat acute stress, both domestically as well as internationally in countries such as Bangladesh, Poland, The Middle East and Russia.
Participant Learning Objectives:
- Participant will be able to understand the emotional memory reconsolidation process and how to identify its key elements
- Participant will be able to demonstrate the A-TIP scripted protocols that utilize bilateral eye movements to accomplish present traumatic experience to the point where more traditional support is appropriate
- Participant will be able to describe the process of disqualifying or ruling out using A-TIP with a client, thus making the process a triage and referral to the appropriate mental health professional who is qualified to address the clients re-existing condition triggered by the present acute trauma.
Please go to https://www.emdrconsulting.com/ to register and view upcoming workshop dates!
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- EMDR Consulting NBCC Approval EMDR Consulting, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6853. EMDR Consulting, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of this program for NBCC CEs. Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1377
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive .