How to do a Program Evaluation with No Research Experience
Course Description: This course is based upon material published in the SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices and is available as an open access article
This course provides a basic overview of program evaluation, including the goals of evaluation, types of evaluation, and common study designs. It provides general guidance on how to successfully plan, conduct, and manage an evaluation. The course also covers how to address research quality and disseminate your findings so that the results of your evaluation will have maximum impact.
This course on Evidence-Based program evaluation is designed for social workers, professional counselors, psychologists, nurses, and substance abuse counselors, who do clinical work. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to do a program evaluation. The course material includes a brief literature review. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal.
The course is based on a journal article which includes research. It contains statistical analysis and data that some clinicians enjoy reading and others do not. A major benefit of reading research based articles for continuing education is they provide practitioners with the latest findings in their field.
Authors: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding the goals and types of program evaluations. Specifically, a professional will:
Describe some of the common goals of conducting evaluations
Identify the purpose of the three main types of evaluation (process, outcomes, and impact.)
Recognize the defining features if the three most common study designs.
Citation: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, (2014). Non-Researcher’s Guide to Evidence-Based Program Evaluation. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Retrieved from http://www.nrepp.samhsa.gov/Courses/ProgramEvaluation/resources/NREPP_Evaluation_course.pdf.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1345
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .