Breakfree Intervention skills training equips participants to understand the history and methods of various intervention models as compared to Brad Lamm’s proprietary invitational method, which pairs an invitational intervention with long-term family recovery. Through education, case studies, and role-plays, participants learn how to intervene using this cutting edge approach to initiating family recovery. Make time for yourself to learn, grow and build the skills necessary to enhance your work with the leaders in the industry; conducted by noted author, teacher and interventionist Brad Lamm, CIP, accompanied by Kathleen Murphy, MA, LPC.
About the Presenters
Brad Lamm is an author, teacher and interventionist best known for helping people make life-enhancing change alongside Oprah, the Dr. Oz Show,Today Show and others. Brad is the founder of Breathe Life Healing Centers, a sophisticated treatment program that is helping America recover through trauma-informed evidence-based clinical solutions steeped in spiritual awakenings. A trauma survivor, Brad began his own recovery journey in 2003 from drugs, alcohol, bulimia and nicotine. Brad’s life and work demonstrates how even the most challenging case might not only recover, but offer help and hope to those in crisis.www.BradLamm.com
Co-Presenter: Kathleen Murphy, M.A., LPC
Breathe Life Healing Center’s founding Clinical Director, Kathleen possesses a world of knowledge and a depth of experience, founded on 30+ years of experience working with people with substance abuse issues complicated by relational trauma. Kathleen makes use of didactics, psycho- education, lectures and experiential group processes that are heavily influenced by attachment theory and psycho-dramatic techniques to assist clients in reframing and reclaiming the self as a being in relationship.
1. Identify the four types of intervention covered in the history of interventions including basic techniques used in each method.
2. Identify personal and professional ethical duties and boundaries, utilizing an ethical system of business guidelines and personal conduct.
3. Identify the obstacles that can stand in the way of a successful BreakFree intervention and the skills necessary to overcome them successfully.
4. Describe the steps necessary to create a Family Map and explain the important role it plays in the BreakFree Intervention method of intervening.
5. Recognize methods of applying BreakFree Intervention components to enhance current business practices.
Day One (8:30-5:30):
BreakFree Intervention: How It Works
Utilizing the BreakFree Method
Day Two (8:30-5:30):
Process Addictions + Mental Health Interventions
Special Populations + Cultural Congruency
Day Three (8:30-1:30):
The Business of Interventions
To learn more or to register please visit www.intervention.com/events
Upcoming 2019 Dates:
May 5 – 7: Los Angeles, CA
June: Boston, MA
November: New York Metro