Irene Siegel Ph.D ONLINE Applications of Mindful Awareness and Resonance to Psychotherapy
Online Distance Learning Class: Applications of Mindful Awareness and Resonance to Psychotherapy
4 Module Online Distance Learning Class (computer and internet access required)
15 EMDRIA Distance Learning Credits 15 CEs provided by CE-CLASSES.com
This workshop teaches an innovative approach of using double focus of attention from egoic to expanded awareness through intuitive mindful skills and resonance, enhancing the AIP model within which EMDR is based. Current research and literature will explain the convergence of psychology, science, and spirituality. The relationship to an accelerated process of higher brain integration and awareness will be linked to skills of silent intuitive processes within an interconnected field of energy and informational flow between therapist and client within each phase of EMDR. This program teaches valuable skills that can be applied to any form of psychotherapy that allows for the client to process information in the silent spaces of the imagination within an experience of mindful awareness and expanded consciousness. You will learn to identify intuitive feedback mechanisms and apply it within a nonlinear, moment to moment integrative therapy through video recorded lectures, case presentation, and experiential exercise. This program is highly experiential with the aide of audio recorded guided meditations.
You will learn to apply new skills to your practice, allowing your clients to have the opportunity to process trauma from an expanded state within a shared interconnected field of information and energy flow.
Identify the relationship between science, psychology, and spiritual philosophy as it applies to resonance and mindful awareness.
Develop skills of meditation and mindful awareness.
Identify skills of alternative ways of knowing such as inner vision, hearing, knowing, kinesthetic bodily sensations.
Identify skills of internal intuitive tracking to determine client/therapist resonance as an assessment and healing tool.
Apply the skills of mindful awareness, resonance, and internal feedback mechanisms into the EMDR protocol, developing a nonlinear integrative approach to the standard protocol.
Identify the role of the transpersonal therapist healer in modern day psychotherapy, blending western psychology with knowledge of ancient wisdom traditions.
Identify three of the elements of an integrated transpersonal approach to EMDR.
Develop the intuitive skill of tracking energy and information flow within the client/therapist interaction.
About the Presenter
Irene Siegel, Ph.D., LCSW conducts her integrative psychotherapy practice and teaches meditation and healing in Huntington N.Y. She received her doctorate from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology in 2011(now Sofia University), her masters in Social Work from Columbia University in 1977, and completed advanced clinical training through the Long Island Institute for Mental Health in 1983. She studied ancient healing arts throughout North and South America. Dr. Siegel presented at the EMDRIA conferences in 2000, 2001, 2012, 2013, and 2014. She is author of Eyes of the Jaguar and creator of the Labyrinth Series Guided Meditations. Additional info about Dr. Siegel can be found at www.DrIreneSiegel.com
Online Distance Learning Class: This class will be offered in four modules, over a four week period of time. One module will be released each week with video presentations, audio guided meditations, and suggested reading assignments. There will be an opportunity to interact online, and to participate in one live phone conference per week lasting between one and one and a half hours, which will be recorded and posted on the learning site.
Citations: Shapiro, F. (2001). Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing: EMDR, basic principles, protocols, and procedures. (2nd ed.) New York, NY: Guilford.
Upcoming 2020 Dates
July 16 – August 12
NOTE: This test is long and will need to be taken in one sitting within a reasonable timeframe. Answers cannot be saved and the exam cannot be paused for later answer entry. You have three attempts to pass this exam. If you need assistance please call us at 954-290-8446 Monday-Friday 10am to 5pm EST or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 15 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1238
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive.