HIPAA Privacy Fundamentals
This course is based upon material published by the United States Department of Health and Human Services and is available on their website.
This course provides accurate information regarding the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIAA) which was originally designed as a training for State Attorney Generals as a means to teach them the regulations and how to investigate misconduct. This perspective can be especially helpful to practitioners who wish to understand the complex rules and regulations in order to be fully compliant with the law.
The course content provides an accurate definition of terms used in the HIPAA Privacy Rule and summarizes the requirements. The administrative requirements for covered entities and business associates are also covered.
This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their knowledge of HIPAA. This course is particularly useful for licensed clinicians who do clinical work as the HIPAA Privacy Rule applies to their practice.
This course was originally based upon a video that is no longer available. The course materials for this course now consist of the transcript of the training. It is easy to read and covers the content, but is no longer a video-based course.
Authors: United States Department of Health and Human Services
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding HIPAA. Specifically, a professional will:
- Identify key terms and definitions used in the HIPPA Privacy Rule
- Distinguish the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Recognize the administrative requirements for covered entities and business associates.
Citation: United States Department of Health and Human Services (2014). Module 2: HIPAA Privacy Fundamentals. Retrieved from: http://www.hhshipaasagtraining.com/documents/Module%202%20HIPAA%20Privacy%20Fundamentals.pdf
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1215
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .