Course Description :
Anxiety Disorders is a course is based on a publication of the National Institute of Mental Health about anxiety disorders. It is written in simple terms and reviews symptoms, etiology, effective treatments, and ways in which a client can make their therapy and doctor’s visits more productive. Specifically, this publication discusses panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, social phobias, specific phobias, and generalized anxiety disorder. Although each disorder has features that are unique, there are common elements in all of them such as excessive and irrational fear. This publication is an excellent primer for mental health professionals and provides the practitioner with a great deal of much needed information.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists and certified addiction professionals who work with dual diagnosis clients can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such as midwives and dieticians and nutritionists who may work in team or multidisciplinary environments. This course is designed mainly for clinicians and direct service providers. It is targeted for beginning and intermediate practitioners.
Author: The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with a review of anxiety disorders in general as well as details about specific anxiety disorders. Specifically, a professional will:
- Demonstrate knowledge about the symptoms and etiology of anxiety disorders.
- Distinguish between methods of effective treatments for anxiety disorders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of therapeutic techniques to teach clients so that the clients can increase their success in treatment.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- Staff Training
- Employees Only: This course is approved for employee training. However, this course does not provide CE credit for licensed or certified professionals.
This course is Non Interactive .