Florida Laws & Rules for Social Workers, Counselors and Family Therapists
Course Description: This course on the Florida laws and rules for clinical social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists was specifically designed to meet the license renewal requirements for clinicians licensed under chapter 491 in the state of Florida. The Florida Board requires 3 hours of continuing education in the Florida laws and rules every 3rd biennium for license renewal for Chapter 491 licenses.
The course material comes directly from relevant Florida law and has been abridged to focus on the most important components. This course on Florida Laws and Rules is designed for social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists who are licensed in Florida. The course content has been updated to reflect changes in the laws effective 2020.
This course is not appropriate for registered interns in Florida – they are required to take and 8 hour course in the Florida Laws and Rules which must have an interactive component. Ce-Classes.com offers this course (ID 220) which can be found by clicking here.
Authors: Florida Laws and Florida Administrative Code abridged by DiDona
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding Florida laws and rules. Specifically, a professional will:
- Identify significant laws and rules that impact the practice of social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists in Florida.
- Describe confidentiality and the legal limits of confidentiality in Florida.
- Identify areas of mandatory reporting and required elements for client records.
Citation: DiDona, T.M. (editor) (2020). Florida Laws and Rules for Social Workers, Counselors and Family Therapists. UPdated for 2020 Ce-Classes.com
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
This course is Non Interactive .