Psychotherapy – Final Exit
This course is based on a book written by the founder of the Hemlock Society, an organization that advocates for the right to die for terminally ill individuals. The book is designed to provide individuals with in-depth information regarding assisted suicide. According to the author “this book assumes the reader’s ethical acceptance of the right to choose to die when terminally ill . . .”. Please be advised that the book is both deeply disturbing and informative.
This course will benefit mental health practitioners who work in hospice settings and in other areas of practice in which they are exposed to large numbers of clients who may be facing death and with it, life and death choices. This course is designed for the advanced practitioner.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with in-depth information regarding issues involved and surrounding assisted suicide. Specifically, a professional will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of legal issues surrounding euthanasia.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the unexpected side effects of common methods of suicide.
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding common methods used in assisted suicide.
Citation: Humphry, D (1996). Final Exit The Practicalities Of Self-Deliverance And Assisted Suicide For The Dying. Dell: New York. # of pages = 206 (please note, earlier editions of this book may not contain all of the information for the exam).
About Getting Course Materials: The course material for this course is the book itself. The most convenient and easiest way to obtain this book is to purchase this book from Amazon.com by clicking on the picture of the book or clicking on the Get Course Materials Link. Of course, you can borrow it from the library or from a friend, or you can purchase it at the local book store.
Disclaimer: Ce-Classes neither endorses nor opposes the views espoused in this book.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 118
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .