Evidenced Based Practice for Minors with Adjustment Disorder
This course is based upon material published by the Commission on Youth in the state of Virginia. The source document is the 5th Edition of the Collection of Evidence-based Practices for Children and Adolescents with Mental Health Treatment Needs.
The Collection summarizes current research on those mental health treatments that have been proven to be effective in treating children and adolescents. To ensure that this information remained current, the Commission updates the Collection biennially and disseminates the Collection via web technologies.
This course includes one chapter of the collection and focuses on an analysis of evidence based treatments for children and adolescents with Adjustment Disorder. This course on Adjustment Disorder is designed for clinical social workers, psychologists, professional counselors and nurses who do clinical work.
This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of Adjustment Disorder The course material includes an introduction to the literature on Adjustment Disorder as well as a brief review of diagnostic criteria and significant etiological factors. The course then covers empirically reviewed treatments and provides a simple to understand list of interventions that have been demonstrated to be effective.
This course is particularly useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal.
Authors: The Virginia Commission on Youth (with Input from Advisory Group)
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding evidence based practice interventions for children and adolescents with Adjustment Disorder. Specifically, a professional will:
• Identify key diagnostic and etiological factors in children and adolescents with Adjustment Disorder.
• Distinguish between intervention practices that are likely to work for the treatment of children and adolescents with Adjustment Disorder.
• Recognize intervention practices for children and adolescents with Adjustment Disorder that are not likely to work or have not been adequately tested.
Citation: The Virginia Commission on Youth, (2013). Collections of Evidences-based Practices for Children and Adolescents with mental Health Treatment Needs, 5th Edition, Adjustment Disorder. Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1170
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .