Florida Laws and Rules for Nurses
This course is designed to meet the CE renewal requirement for nurses (64B9-5.013) on the laws and rules for the practice of nursing in the state of Florida. It is based upon a summarization of relevant laws and rules related to the practice of nursing in the state of Florida. This course reviews Florida laws and regulations that govern the practice of nursing in Florida for Licensed Practical Nurses, Registered Nurses, Clinical Nurse Specialists and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners.
The Florida Nurse Practice Act is a series of statutes, which are revised and passed annually by the Florida Legislature. These statutes only apply to registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and advanced registered nurse practitioners. The course content includes Chapters 456 and 464 of the Florida Statutes (FS) and the rules in Title 64B9 of the Florida Administrative Code (FAC). This course uses exact quotes from these chapters and rules of the Florida Administrative Code.
This course on Florida Laws and Rules for Nurses is designed for registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and advanced nurse practitioners. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of laws and rules governing the practice of nursing.
According to 64B9-5.013 Continuing Education on Laws and Rules. – Beginning with the biennium ending in 2015, each licensee shall complete a two hour course on the laws and rules that govern the practice of nursing in Florida. To receive Board approval, each course must include content on Chapters 456 and 464 of the Florida Statutes and the rules in Title 64B9 of the Florida Administrative Code.
This course is not approved for NBCC continuing education.
Authors: Florida Chapters, Florida Administrative Code; complied by Ce-Classes.com
This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding the Laws and Rules related to the practice of nursing in Florida. Specifically, a professional will:
- Recognize the relevant laws and rules related to professional practice of nursing.
- Identify acts that require substantial specialized knowledge and rights of delegation as well as responsibilities when delegating duties in healthcare settings.
- Describe grounds for disciplinary actions for nurses in Florida.
Citation: Ce-Classes.com (complied) (2014) Florida Laws and Rules for Nurses. Content from Ch 456; 464 and FAC 64B9 all rights reserved
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .