old version – Domestic Violence – Extent, Nature, and Consequences of Intimate Partner Violence
This course is based on a comprehensive survey conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which evaluates the incidence, prevalence and consequences of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) against women in the United States. The study is important because it is comprehensive and utilizes sound methodology which provides the reader with the most accurate numbers to date. It also includes important information regarding risk factors associated with IPV, the prevalence of IPV among racial minorities, Hispanics and same-sex couples as well as statistics regarding the point in the relationship when violence occurs and the frequency and duration of intimate partner rape and physical assault. This course is designed for both clinicians and administrators who work in both private and public, and urban and rural areas. It is targeted for beginner, intermediate and advanced practitioners
About the Author:Surgeon General of the United States
This course will provide a professional with information about the incidence, prevalence and consequences of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) against women in the United States. Specifically, a professional will:
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding national estimates for the incidence and prevalence of IPV in the US.
- Display an understanding of the prevalence of IPV among minorities and same-sex couples.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the risk factors associated with IPV.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org Approved Continuing Education Program (ACE). Approval Period: 1/5/11 – 1/5/14. (Provider # 1142) Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for the program. Social Workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
- Ce-Classes.com is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. Provider #6320 Expires 5/31/2017.
- The National Association of Addiction Professionals (NAADAC) Provider #656
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/2013
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Continuing Education Provider – PCE 4297.
- The California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) Provider Number OS-12-174-1114 Expires 11-2014
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2013.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2014.
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 114
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 expires 3/31/2013.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2014 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2014.
This course is Non Interactive .