Treating Men -Treatment Modalities and Settings
This course is based upon material published by SAMHSA and is part of their latest Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP).
This course on the specific behavioral health issues in men was initially written for use in substance abuse treatment but contains information that is applicable to other clinical populations of men. It is designed for substance abuse counselors, social workers, psychologists, nurses, and professional counselors who do clinical work. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of the specific behavioral health issues in men. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal.
The course is based on a SAMHSA TIP and presents the collaborative efforts of some of the leaders in the field in both areas of research and treatment. It has been reviewed by both a panel of subject matter experts and field reviewers and as such presents state of the art information for best practices.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding the specific behavioral health needs of men in various treatment modalities and settings. Specifically, a professional will:
- Identify treatment modalities that are typically used with men in substance abuse treatment.
- Describe treatment strategies that are effective with men.
- Recognize methods for helping men live with the residual effects of substance abuse.
Citation: SAMHSA (2013). Addressing the Specific Behavioral Health Needs of Men. TIP 56. Chapter 5 Treatment Modalities and Settings. Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1137
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .