CEU Course Details
Ethics: Confidentiality Of Mental Health Information; Ethical, Legal, & Policy Issues from the Surgeon Generals Report
This course is based on a comprehensive report on Mental Health published by the Office of the Surgeon General of the United States. This course provides therapists and healthcare professional with a review of current information on ethical issues about confidentiality; values underlying confidentiality, research on confidentiality and mental health treatment and the current state of confidentiality law. This course is designed for both clinicians and administrators who work in both private and public, and urban and rural areas.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such as midwives and dieticians and nutritionists who also need continuing education in the area of ethics and who need to practice the principle of confidentiality. Most states that require continuing education courses for licensed professionals require ethcis courses. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to learn about ethics, confidentiality and legal issues.
This course may meet your license renewal requirements for ethics and legal issues.
Author: The Surgeon General’s Office of the United States
Objectives: This course will provide a professional with information regarding confidentiality in mental health. This course covers ethics and legal issues in mental health. Specifically, a professional will:indentify important exceptions to confidentiality in mental health.identify specific laws and legal provisions regarding confidentiality that apply nationwide.recognize the values that underlie the therapeutic principle of confidentiality.
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) – Ce-Classes.com is co-sponsored by Griefworks. APA approval is provided by Griefworks, Inc. dba Crossroads Counseling Center, who maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. Courses for which NBCC-approved clock hours will be awarded are identified in the website. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. Provider #6320 Expires 4/30/2017.
Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Association of Addiction Professionals (NAADAC) Provider #656
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2015
- The California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2016
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2015.
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2015
All courses are available for Homestudy. For information about Homestudy courses and about our
Administrative policies visit our About Us page.
If you would like to take this course for your CE program, it is recommended that you:
1. Print this page
2. Log In
3. Click the “Get Course Materials” link above, if you do not currently possess the course material
4. Answer the questions on this page as you study your course material
5. Return to this page
6. Click the Take Exam link above to purchase this course
7. Submit your exam and score 75% – if you score lower, review your errors and retake exam.
8. Click on the Print Certificate link
9. Complete the course evaluation, (all items must be completed)
10. Print your certificate Some courses require Adobe Acrobat reader to be installed. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader,
Download it here for FREE!