HIV, STDs and Hepatitis C 3 credits Updated 2020
This ce course is a compilation from many current sources designed to meet the license renewal requirements for substance abuse counselors and other behavioral health professionals.
It contains the latest information published by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on HIV and AIDS, as well as the most common sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). This course also includes a complete guide to understanding Hepatitis C developed by the Hepatitis C Support Project, a not-for profit dedicated to provide unbiased information about HCV.
The HIV content in this course includes basic information about transmission, testing and disease progression as well as current information about HIV in the United States and within several minority groups.
The CE course goes on to discuss HCV (Hepatitis C) transmission, prevention and disease progression. The symptoms of HCV and diagnostic criteria are also reviewed. The course content on HCV ends with treatment options, considerations and HCV management. This continuing education course also includes a review of common sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) including prevalence, transmission, signs and symptoms. In addition, treatment options and prevention tips are briefly reviewed.
The publication is written in simple, easy to read terms, that provide enough detail to help a chemical dependency counselor, substance abuse specialist, social worker, counselor or psychologist better understand HIV, Hepatitis C and common STDs.
This continuing education course serves as an excellent resource for chemical dependency counselors, social workers, psychologists, counselors and other licensed therapists who work in the area of substance abuse or addiction treatment or who serve clients with these problems. Nurses who do not typically work in this area of clinical practice also benefit from this course. This continuing education course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such as midwives and dieticians and nutritionists who may also work with clients who a STD, have been diagnosed with a mental disorder and need to improve their skills in working with this population.
This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to learn more about HIV, Hepatitis C and STDs. It is also a good resource for licensed therapists who need continuing education and don’t know a lot about these common diseases.
*This course has been updated with relevant information for 2020
Authors: DiDona, PhD complied from current content from Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Hepatitis C Support Project (HCSP)
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with detailed information about HIV, Hepatitis C and STDs. Specifically the practitioner will:
· Identify HIV transmission, prevention, symptoms and treatment options
· Identify Hepatitis C transmission, prevention, symptoms and treatment options
· Identify common STDs transmission, prevention, symptoms and treatment options
Citation: Ce-Classes.com (2020). Compiled from copy right free sources (CDC and HCSP).
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1078
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .