Steven Marcus- Treating Headaches with EMDR
Treating Headaches with EMDR
This is a LIVE Workshop
CEU’s are only available to professionals who attended the workshop.
Click here to obtain your Continuing Education Certificate
Ninety percent of the American public gets occasional headaches. An estimated forty five million Americans have severe reoccurring headaches. Up until now the primary treatment for headaches has been pharmaceuticals. This workshop seeks to familiarize you with a safe non-medication alternative for the treatment of headaches that utilizes EMDR.
The intent of this workshop is to train the participants in an integrated EMDR approach to treating migraine and tension headaches.
The workshop will begin with an overview of current headache theory and clinical practices in psychology and medicine. Then participants will be instructed and practice Phase 1: Acute Headache Treatment and Phase 2: Multi-session headache treatment utilizing the Standard EMDR Protocol.
This workshop provides excellent information for the mental health professionals, is limited to those clinicians who have prior EMDR Training and provides the practitioner with a protocol to treat headaches using EMDR.
Participants will learn to:
- Identify and restate the 4 Stages of Migraine.
- Differentiate between symptom profiles of Migraine and Tension Headaches.
- Incorporate Phase 1 acute headache treatment into clinical practice.
- Deduce and conclude when to employ Phase 1 treatment versus Phase 2 headache treatment in clinical practice.
Dr. Steven Marcus
EMDRIA Approved Provider & Consultant
2016 Training Dates
You can register at: http://www.drstevenmarcus.com/
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 13 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1071
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive .