Psychotherapy – The Gift of Therapy by Irvin D. Yalom, M.D.
The course is based on the book, The Gift of Therapy: An Open Letter to a New Generation of Therapists and Their Patients by Irving D. Yalom, M.D. This 260-page book is full of knowledge and wisdom that will improve the therapeutic skills of both newcomers and long standing psychotherapists.
From the inside cover of the book; “Anyone interested in psychotherapy or personal growth will rejoice at the publication of The Gift of Therapy, a masterwork from one of today’s most accomplished psychological thinkers….
From Ron at CE-Classes.com, “Yalom’s book is an excellent resource for any clinician who wishes to enhance or improve their clinical acumen. It’s easy to read and provides pages and pages of useful information. This class is a delightful way to obtain 8 CE classes towards your re-licensure.“
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such as drug and alcohol counselors and interns who may work with clients who are depressed. This course is appropriate for beginning and intermediate level practitioners who wish to develop clinical skills.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with an increased knowledge base for providing psychotherapy. Specifically, after completing this course a participant will:
- Describe assessment techniques utilized by a master clinician.
- Describe the essential elements of a positive therapeutic relationship.
- Identify methods that can be used to continually engage clients throughout the therapeutic process.
- Identify multiple therapeutic techniques utilized by a master clinician.
- Describe methods for engaging clients in a meaningful way.
- Describe the utility of note taking.
- Discriminate between managed care requirements and quality therapy.
Citation: Yalom: (2013). The Gift of Therapy: An Open Letter to a New Generation of Therapists and Their Patients kindle edition Harper Perenial Publishers ASIN: B00CD361DC
About Getting Course Materials: The course material for this course is the book itself. The most convenient and easiest way to obtain this book is to purchase this book from Amazon.com by clicking on the picture of the book or clicking on the Get Course Materials Link. Of course, you can borrow it from the library or from a friend, or you can purchase it at the local book store.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 107
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .