Depression: Causes and Treatment by Aaron T. Beck
The course is based on the watershed and best selling book, Depression – causes and treatment by Aaron T. Beck, M.D. This book is an excellent resource for any clinician who wishes to understand depression and provide therapy for their clients. Chapters include The Clinical Aspects of Depression, Symptomatology, Course and Prognosis, Experimental Aspects, a Systematic Investigation, Theoretical and the Treatment of Depression.
This book has been heralded as the principal work on the subject of depression and is a valuable source of reference. Beck describes depression and gives examples of how to treat clients. This course offers the clinician the opportunity to read a classic work in the field and gain insight into cognitive therapy from the founder of the theory.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists and certified addiction professionals can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for midwives, dieticians and nutritionists who work with a wide array of clients and who may encounter clients who are clinically depressed.This course is appropriate for begining, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their clinical skills.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with an increased understanding of depression. Specifically, after completing this course the participant will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the definition and symptoms of depression.
- Demonstrate knowldege of the course and prognosis of depression.
- Recognize effective treatment interventions for depression.
Citation: Beck, A.T. (1989). Depression – causes and treatment. Second Edition. University of Pittsburgh Press. Philadelphia ISBN: 0-8122-1032-8 (pbk.; alk paper)
About Getting Course Materials: The course material for this course is the book itself. The most convenient and easiest way to obtain this book is to purchase this book from Amazon.com by clicking on the picture of the book or clicking on the Get Course Materials Link. Of course, you can borrow it from the library or from a friend, or you can purchase it at the local book store.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 106
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .