Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Dependency for LEPs in California
This course is specifically designed to meet the renewal requirements for Licensed Educational Professionals (LEPs) in the state of California. It is a compilation of numerous shorter courses that are already on our website.
This course begins with a review of alcohol problems and the treatment of alcoholism. It then provides an overview of the assessment of adolescents in substance abuse and continues with a review of the legal issues in the assessment and treatment of both adolescents and older adults for substance abuse treatment.
The course includes a review of Co-Occurring Disorders that are common in substance abuse treatment. The course includes a review of how to address suicidal thoughts and behaviors in substance abuse. This course then concludes with a review of motivation and its relationship with intervention and a review of motivational interviewing as a counseling style.
This 15 hour course includes numerous course materials. We strongly recommend that students print the exam and answer the questions as they read the course materials. Questions follow the order of the course materials presented here. Once you have answered all of the questions in print, you should log into the site and enter your answers.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with detailed information about alcoholism and substance abuse. Specifically, a professional will:
- Identify assessment methods for problem alcohol and substance use.
- Describe consequences of problem alcohol use
- Recognize key factors in determining level of care needed for problem alcohol and substance use.
- Identify sources for treatment referrals that are up to date and current with best practices.
- Describe the role of supportive services in treating alcohol and substance use
- Identify federal laws that pertain to communication and disclosure in substance abuse assessment and treatment.
- Identify specific techniques used in the treatment of alcoholism and substance abuse.
- Recognize measures for treatment effectiveness for clients
- Describe key differences in screening adolescents for alcohol and substance use
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 15 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .